- Photograph of woman entering the Municipal Base Hospital, 322 S. Santa Rosa Ave., San Antonio, taken on May 31, 1917, showing women entering to be inspected by Dr. W. A. King and other physicians employed by the city, an Army surgeon being present, whites, negroes, Mexicans, little girls, receiving health certificates and card to do business in the district under police protection. In 10 min. at 4 p.m. about 15 applied. To date 835 had received licenses, 185 had been interned under Army tents for free treatment in 300 yds. cf 46 delinquent boys in the county school of correction, and 50 had indignantly left the city rather than be humiliated. The registered for service number 1,000. According to the rule there are 5,000 in both city and county.