- A view of the Roy G. Cullen Building with the Reflection Pool in the foreground. The Roy G. Cullen Memorial Building was the first building completed at the permanent campus site. The groundbreaking ceremony was on April 1, 1938 and the building was completed just over a year later on May 4, 1939. The building was occupied in June 1939. It is believed to be the first building on a campus of higher education in the United States to be constructed with air conditioning. The architects were Alfred C. Finn and Lamar Cato.