- Photograph of architectural drawing, Oberholtzer Hall. The Edison E. Oberholtzer Residence Hall houses the Housing Services Offices, the Quadrangle Cafeteria, the Quadrangle Prime Time Store, and a computer lab, in addition to a residence hall. The building was initially occupied in 1949, although its dedication was not until May 26, 1951 and its cornerstone reads, "Erected 1950." Architect Lamar Cato designed the building as part of the Quadrangle, a courtyard are containing five coed dorms. E. E. (Edison Ellsworth) Orberholtzer served as first president of the UNiversity of Houston from 1927 until 1950.